These days, I can rise in the dark and watch the colour seep back into the world, Black to Grey to Grey-green to Daylight. Somewhere just before Grey-green I get Blue, popping through the monochrome…
Minutes later, after Daylight, this happened too:
The Rain came, and I looked for Red, which seemed appropriate, since that would complete the colour-wheel in my mind…
Not bad for the first waking hour.
So now, under the sound of heavy rain on metal roof, I offer a new Friday Morning List:
1. look at colour in the rain until I feel it in my bones.
2. play with something that fascinates me.
3. attend to promises made.
4. find my gratitude, even if it’s difficult.
5. acknowledge one person, each day, with a small gift.
6. apply paint to canvas.
7. work hard at something, and exult in the deep satisfaction.
9. purchase an internet router (my my, so Tangible a thing!)
10. tell at least one bad joke to one grump.
And now the rain is done.
Happy friday, everyone.