There’s been a great deal of transformation these past few weeks. An abundance of growth, movement, engagement, close attention and focus. Blooms- from simple to exotic, comfortingly predictable to astonishing – and only some of these on plants.
We have a front door that works, after five years of living with the illusion of one, which was taped shut.
It’s as though all the thoughts that have been lost in the eddy of that corner are now released..
… and now we sit on our front stoop (imagining the stoop), out of the rain, out of the sun, enjoying the rightness of things…
Somehow, in a way that’s larger than what we see, the installation of this door has great significance. Is it because we can now allow things to enter that were previously blocked? Quite possibly so. The process of building this house has always resonated with our own internal growth and direction, and as we near this first real stage of completion, even more so.
Friday morning, then. There is slate to lay, garden to attend to, laundry, phonecalls – the perpetual list. Underneath all there’s another, for me:
1. make a gift for someone, from scratch.
2. imagine a truly great thing that I can do – in 2 years, in 5 years, in 10.
3. Write down said thing s.
4. reclaim one thing or place that’s been lost
5. think of ten very diverse friends, and find one word that represents my thought-gift to them
6. ride my bike
7. read something surprising, & share it
9. do the silliest thing I can think of, with no one watching
10. Send thoughts of love and gratitude to all 60 litres of water in my body.*
*http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/e_ome_home.html – Even if it’s fiction (whatever you choose to believe), this man’s research represents a truly lovely thought, and is worth reading. I bought the latest in a series this past Tuesday.